Flock Cancer Idaho is dedicated to honoring the legacy of and celebrating breast cancer survivors, caregivers, and their families. We are dedicated to using our events to help with vital Treasure Valley recovery and care programs that can improve those journeys.
To make a positive impact on the lives of breast cancer survivors, caregivers, and their families here in the Treasure Valley.
• Purpose: Never give up and continue to fight because no one fights alone.
• Commitment: Committed to honoring the legacy of and celebrating Treasure Valley breast cancer survivors, caregivers, and their families.
• Reliability: Take pride in what we do as individuals and as an organization and represent ourselves in that manner every day.
• Outcomes: Be known for integrity, follow-through, and achievements.
• Originality: We embrace continuous improvement, creativity, and change.
• Learning: We challenge our organization to learn and grow.
We’re dedicated to using our events to help with vital Treasure Valley recovery and care programs that can improve those journeys. Here are some of the high-profile ways we have tried to make a difference in our community.
- Flock Cancer’s inaugural year saw the local community all come together to celebrate survivors and their families and, through grassroots donations, raised over $25k. Idaho 6 News – Flock Cancer Walk raises over $25k for Boise YMCA Oncology Recovery Program
- Flock Cancer’s second year saw local sponsors and the community come together to elevate the support for local programs and provide donations of $65k directly to those organizations. Idaho 6 News – Flock Cancer raises $65K for local breast cancer support groups
The Flock Cancer Street Stroll began in 2021 when the Komen organization announced they would no longer host an event in Boise. Leslie Scantling and her mother, Barbara Rhoades, both treasured the annual event to come together with their friends, family, and fellow breast cancer survivors and celebrate survivorship. They took it upon themselves to start a new tradition.
The duo began planning the pink flamingo-themed Flock Cancer Street Stroll along Boise’s historic Harrison Boulevard. The local garden center, Franz Witte, donated their iconic flock to bedeck Leslie’s front lawn as she had decorated with them in the past….the theme seemed natural to continue on.
Participants were able to stroll on their own timeframe a loop up and down the boulevard, enjoy homeowner’s decoration and cheering sections, and included getting to walk through a balloon arch to ring the pink bell in celebration of cancer survivors, fighters, and all who we walk in support and in memory of.
Join the flock
Join the flock
Sign up with your email address to learn more about future events and opportunities to get involved.